2023 Cornhole Tournament
Get Your Team Ready!
Get your team ready for a Cornhole Tournament you won’t want to miss. All Nobles, ladies, friends and family members are welcome. The tournament will be played on July 2-3 in the Marketplace in Hall B of the Charlotte Convention Center.
Please contact Moe Rahmeh for tournament questions and or additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-312-9623
Cost: $50 per team (benefiting First Lady JJ Craven’s The World is Your Oyster fundraising program
Dates: Sunday, July 2 – Monday, July 3
Location: Charlotte Convention Center, Hall B, in the Marketplace
1. Boards are placed 27′ from front edge to front edge.
2. Games are played to 21 points.
3. Woody: Refers to any cornhole bag that has been pitched and remains on the cornhole board playing surface at the conclusion of the frame. Each woody is one point.
4. Cornhole – Refers to any cornhole bag that has been pitched and passes through the cornhole board hole at anytime within the frame. Each cornhole is three points.
5. A bag that comes to rest touching the ground AND the board does not count as a point.
6. Cancellation scoring: The approved method of scoring for the sport of cornhole is cancellation scoring. In cancellation scoring, the points of one player cancel out the points of their opponent. Using this method, only one player/team can score in each frame.
7. Both players play one board at a time, and stay in their designated lane for the whole game (right or left).
8. Players start the game at board one and alternate pitching bags until each player has pitched all four of his/her bags.
9. Players then walk to the end of their lane to the other board, take score, and resume pitching back to the other cornhole board.
10. Players must deliver the bag with an under- hand release.
11. Feet must stay behind the line of the front of the board at the time of releasing the bag.
12. The player/team who scored in the preceding frame pitches first in the next frame. If neither player/team scores, the player/team who pitched first in the preceding frame shall retain first pitch in the next frame.
13. If bags become piled inside the cornhole board hole and may interfere or obstruct with the next pitch or if there is question whether a cornhole bag would have naturally fallen through the hole, a player may request to “rake” the cornhole bags that have fallen inside the hole.
To reserve your spot today, call 704-455-4445 or email email@example.com and place identify yourself with Shriners International. Additional information can be found on charlottemotorspeedway.com and click “camping.”