The #1 thing, please remember that a successful and fun Imperial Session for Your Temple begins with Your leadership in taking care of Your Temple’s housing needs.
Please familiarize yourself with the following important items:
“After a temple has voted to send units, clubs or Nobles to an annual Imperial Session of Shriners International or a Shrine association meeting, it shall designate one of the official divan as the authorized agent of the temple to make contracts for transportation and lodging, provided, however, that such contracts must be approved by, and contain any limits or conditions required by, the temple.”
These referenced sections of General Order #1 provide a detailed explanation of regulations related to the housing process for outside hotels. Please pay particular attention to the section on housing as it relates to making your housing arrangements through the Housing Chairman. Failure to comply with the regulations as outlined in General Order #1 will affect the participation of your Temple’s units in the competition(s) and parades(s).
The Imperial 2021 Housing Office will be open in Nashville at Imperial 2019 to provide housing assistance and information. We plan to be open Sunday, June 30th through Wednesday, July 3rd (9am-4pm).
If you are planning on staying in the Headquarters Hotels and you need 12 rooms or less, Shriners International will handle your hotel arrangements starting in mid-February of 2021.
As Assistant Rabbans, if you need MORE THAN 12 ROOMS, you will need to visit the housing office – REGARDLESS of which hotel you wish to stay in! The housing office location will be posted in the Session Information Guide. Remember – NO rooms will be assigned until you visit the Housing Office in Nashville. All Housing Arrangements MUST be made thru the Housing Office or through Shriners International (if you need 12 rooms or less and you want to stay in a Headquarters Hotel).
1. Do your best to determine the number of rooms you will need for you and your Temple.
2. After June 1st, fill out the Hotel Request Form and submit it to the 2021 Housing Chairman prior to June 10th. The Imperial 2021 Housing team will contact everyone who submits their form prior to June 10 to setup a time to meet at the Housing Office during the 2019 Imperial Session in Nashville. Meetings will be scheduled in the order that the Housing Request forms are received. ACT EARLY!
1. Go to the Housing Office at your designated appointment time to finalize your room reservations.
2. If you didn’t submit your Hotel Request form by June 10th, please stop by the Housing Office in Nashville to set an appointment for your 2021 housing needs.
3. Pay your binder fee of $20 per room reserved. Cash, check or credit card are accepted.
1. Within 60 days of the conclusion of the 2019 Imperial Session, you will receive a hotel contract from our Housing Committee that will outline the specific hotel and the rooms requested. You will have a set time frame in which to return the signed contract back to the Housing Committee. The Housing Committee with then submit the contract to the hotel for signature and return a copy to you for your file. Important: Failure to complete a contract with a hotel within the designated time frame can result in those rooms being reassigned to another Temple.
2. After your contract is signed, it will then be your responsibility to assign rooms to your attendees and to submit the reservations to the hotel in order to fulfill your obligated room block, based on your contract. The hotel will provide each Temple with a Rooming List form in late March, early April of 2021 to be completed and returned to the hotel.
If you have any questions regarding hotel specifics, please feel free to call Illustrious Sir Earl Robertson, 2021 Housing Chairman at (512) 922-0715, or email your questions to Housing21@imperialsession.com.